Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:09 - Updated Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:09
Covid-19: Government assists 80,000 vulnerable families
Luanda - The Minister of Health, Silvia Lutucuta, Monday in Luanda said that the Angolan government has assisted since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, around 80,000 families in a situation of social vulnerability throughout the country.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Minister of Health, Sílvia Lutucuta
Photo: Pedro Parente
Speaking at a press conference to update on the situation of the Covid-19 pandemic in the last 24 hours, the commission's spokesperson said that in relation to the essential foodstuff "there is a deep work" being done, special for the most vulnerable families.
The Government official said that these families are at the centre of the concerns of the Minister of State for Social Affairs, the Ministry of Social Action, Family and Women's Promotion and the Multi-sectoral Commission for Prevention and Fight against Covid-19.
Regarding Luanda, Sílvia Lutucuta specified that the essential foodstuff benefited vulnerable families who had been in sanitary fences decreed as a consequence of Covid-19.
She also spoke of water distribution, whose process, she said, continues to serve the needy population.
In her turn, the governor of Luanda, Joana Lina, reaffirmed the continuation of the programme of free distribution of water to the population.
- 26/07/2020 11:18:50
Luanda - It is through works the faith becomes evident and the true worshipers are known, says the Bible, which quotes Jesus Christ as saying more than two thousand years ago.
- 25/07/2020 09:01:43
Luanda - The Angolan Media Regulatory Authority (ERCA) urged the boards of TV Zimbo and TV Record Angola this Friday to guide their programming and news services by the good practices recommended by journalism.
- 24/07/2020 13:39:41
Lisbon - At least 260 Angolans, of the more than 2000 stranded in Portugal since March 2020 due to Covid-19, embarked this Friday on the first humanitarian flight back to the country.