Sat, 28 Mar 2020 09:45 - Updated Sat, 28 Mar 2020 09:54
Government size reduced from 28 to 21 ministries
Luanda - The Angolan government has been reduced in size from 28 to 21 ministries.
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Finance minister Vera Daves
Photo: Pedro Parente
The decision to trim the government follows a session of the Cabinet Council on Friday that led to the merger of some state departments as below:
1. Defence Ministry and Ministry of Ex-Combatants.
2. Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.
3. Ministry of Transport and Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology.
4. Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Fisheries.
5. Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Industry.
6. Ministry of Public Works and Ministry of Territory Administration.
Speaking to journalists at the end of the Cabinet session on Friday in Luanda, the Finance minister, Vera Daves, confirmed that 12 ministries have merged.
- 27/03/2020 16:08:26
Caxito - At least 976 unexploded ordnance were removed and destroyed this Thursday, in Icau, Dande municipality, by the National Demining Institute (INAD) in Bengo.
- 27/03/2020 14:52:52
Luanda - The State of Emergency, which has entered in force in Angola since March 27, for a period of 15 days, exempts the free movement of citizens seeking to buy food and provide essential services to the population.
- 27/03/2020 14:26:03
Luanda - The ruling MPLA party on Thursday expressed dismay at the death of former Member of Parliament, Maria de Assunção do Rosário, victim of illness.